do u need to resend pix/certification form for step 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2007er

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've already taken step 1. Will take step 2 in few months. Do I need to resend the certification form where u have the dean's office sign/stamp and u attach ur photo? I already did it for step 1. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

No, they should still have that on file. If it isn't on file you'll know when you register for step 2.

I had to submit a SEPARATE application with a NEW picture when I applied for Step 2. I haven't been asking around much, but the one person I discussed this with had to do the same. My time frame was 2 years (as opposed to a few months, in your case). That said, I would assume that you'll have to submit a new application with a passport picture attached. It's a separate application form for Steps 1 and 2 anyway!!

I took step 1 alittle over a year ago, and I just had to pay the fee online, and they sent me the orange card.

I took the Step 1 in July 16, 2005. Applied for Step 2 in April 2006, got my orange permit slip without having to resend the certified Dean's letter or the picture. It may depend on how long ago you took Step 1.