Do unsuccesful EDP applicants ever get in later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

choker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know you guys are done with this, but I was wondering, have any of you guys met anyone in med school that was deferred EDP to med school and then subsequently accepted later?

I applied EDP to cornell after the dean of admissions had a meeting with the my preprofessional dean and told her that I would get in and should apply EDP_ my subsequent interview went great, but regardless, i was deferred into the regular applicant pool.

do i have any shot now? have any of you guys heard of anyone in a similar situation that DID get in later? any recommendations?

thanks
-choker

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah...but it depends on why you didn't get in. EDP programs often have certain criteria (like GPA), and if you don't meet every standard then you might not get in EDP. However, this doesn't mean they don't want you, it just means you're probably going to get in via the more "relaxed" criteria applied to the general pool of applicants. It might actually be a plus (with respect to the other gen. pool applicants) to be EDP, because they know you are interested and they are very familiar with your file. I wouldn't sweat it--if you felt confident before, you'll probably get in. Good luck :)