GRE Do Vet schools care about the writing section?

Started by Aubm713
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aubm713

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel decent in quantitative and verbal but I'm taking the test in less than a week and don't want to spend time on the writing if it's not that important.
 
It depends on the school. I heard that most schools don’t care about the writing section so didn’t practice writing within the 30 minute time limit (I really like and have won a prize for writing essays, but I’m slow), then I found out the school I was applying to (AVC) gives equal consideration to each section :smack:. Don’t be like me; check for the schools you’re applying to first!
 
It depends on the school. I heard that most schools don’t care about the writing section so didn’t practice writing within the 30 minute time limit (I really like and have won a prize for writing essays, but I’m slow), then I found out the school I was applying to (AVC) gives equal consideration to each section :smack:. Don’t be like me; check for the schools you’re applying to first!
Where would I find that info on websites?
 
Where would I find that info on websites?
It can sometimes be difficult to navigate different vet school websites to find exactly what you are looking for. If a school has a section explaining its admissions process that would be good to check. A place with a lot of good info sometimes (that I feel like a lot of people skip over) is FAQ sections. If all else fails, call up admissions and ask. I haven’t had a bad experience when calling any vet school admissions officers. They are usually very nice and helpful!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOL, my writing score was abysmal. Probably should’ve made more of an effort. But I still had multiple acceptances so don’t stress about it 🙂