Do we need to know parts of brain?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yjj8817

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tprh bio gives a very detailed explanation of each part of brain such as pon, cerebellum etc. are we required to know this?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure. I took AAMC #3 today and one BS question required knowing the functions of the lobes. I learned all parts of the brain and their functions just in case especially since they were in the kaplan biology review.

I'm just pretty tempted to just rely on ek bio's info on brain it's so much simpler

I also have the same question. TPR goes into detail with the brain structure/function and the nervous system organization. Does anyone know if we need to know this?

Members don't see this ad :)
at the least you should probably know the functions of the lobes, cerebellum, hypothalamus, and the brainstem in general
i think stuff like diencephalon/telencephalon/corpus callosum/midbrain/differences between pons, medulla, midbrain is probably not very necessary, at least for the AAMCs (though I HAVE seen relevant questions on TPR and Kaplan FLs