Do we need to know this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ding2daDong

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am just getting started with DAT study and noticed alot of names and dates of historical significance in chemistry and wanted to know if these types of questions will come up on the DAT?

I understand I should know these but should I include them in my flashcard making with who created the periodic table at what date etc? Then who added to it and similar bits of information?

I also noticed this will come up alot in biology aswell.

Thanks for the help

-Matthew

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I am just getting started with DAT study and noticed alot of names and dates of historical significance in chemistry and wanted to know if these types of questions will come up on the DAT?

I understand I should know these but should I include them in my flashcard making with who created the periodic table at what date etc? Then who added to it and similar bits of information?

I also noticed this will come up alot in biology aswell.

Thanks for the help

-Matthew

Nope!

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I also have some questions about what could be on the DAT.

I notice in the Kaplan book it has sections on "Animal Behavior" and in the Cliffs AP Biology book it has sections on bio lab.

Do we need to know anything about either of those sections?

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I also have some questions about what could be on the DAT.

I notice in the Kaplan book it has sections on "Animal Behavior" and in the Cliffs AP Biology book it has sections on bio lab.

Do we need to know anything about either of those sections?

go straight to the page 46, you will see what you have to know.
http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/dat_users_manual.pdf

Members don't see this ad :)
So do the #s they have next to each subject an indication of th questions they will have on that topic, and is it set in stone?

Cell and Molecular Biology (13)
Diversity of Life: Biological Organization and Relationship of Major Taxa (Five-Kingdom System) (3)
Vertebrate Anatomy and Physiology: Structure and Function of Systems (9)
Developmental Biology (4)
Genetics (7)
Evolution, Ecology, and Behavior (4)

So do the #s they have next to each subject an indication of th questions they will have on that topic, and is it set in stone?

Cell and Molecular Biology (13)
Diversity of Life: Biological Organization and Relationship of Major Taxa (Five-Kingdom System) (3)
Vertebrate Anatomy and Physiology: Structure and Function of Systems (9)
Developmental Biology (4)
Genetics (7)
Evolution, Ecology, and Behavior (4)

Not one bit. Ignore those numbers.

Do we need to know the structures of the brains and things like that as well? e.g. medulla oblongata etc

uhhh under Diversity of Life: Biological Organization and Relationship of Major Taxa they have a part F: etc. ... what is that for o_O?

uhhh under Diversity of Life: Biological Organization and Relationship of Major Taxa they have a part F: etc. ... what is that for o_O?

apparently every single other thing we've ever learned about classification haha

haha yeah i know:(

I wish it told us which organic chemistry reaction mechanisms we needed to know..

So I am guessing that we don't need to know that information.

Love the extreme hijack of my thread! Seriously why don't people start threads themselves?

Thanks for those that helped out.

-Matthew

Not one bit. Ignore those numbers.

I don't think so man, I wouldn't ignore them at all. When it says 13 questions about Cell and Molecular Bio, I think it means around 13. Sometimes it is difficult to classify a question in a class, but I'd say these numbers are close to what you should expect.