Do we need to memorize the GENETIC CODE?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heatwheat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just reading AP Cliffs, and looking at the Genetic Code Diagram, and thought, "Do we need to memorize this thing?" So I was wondering what you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Of course not, we probably don't even need to know the start and stop codons...DAT is definately not the type to ask something like this...

Yeah you should memorize the entire thing. That would be a very good way to use your time studying.

all I remember is AUG is a start codon - not sure why I remember this, but I figure I could pass it on....

Members don't see this ad :)
All right, sweet. I was just wondering since it is in the Kaplan BB, AP Cliffs, and Campbells.

Of course not, we probably don't even need to know the start and stop codons...DAT is definately not the type to ask something like this...
im pretty sure u need to know the start and stop but thats all

I believe you only need to know the start and stop codons ( I strongly recommend to learn them)

I am writing some mnemonics that I remember:

Start: InAUGuration of the syntheis of proteins.

Stop codons: U G A (U Go Away)
U A A (U Are Away)
U A G (U are Gone)

My blog: www.biochemistryquestions.wordpress.com

Last edited:
I believe you only need to know the start and stop codons ( I strongly recommend to learn them)

I am writing some mnemonics that I remember:

Start: InAUGuration of the syntheis of proteins.

Stop codons: U G A (U Go Away)
U A A (U Are Away)
U A G (U are Gone)

My blog: www.biochemistryquestions.wordpress.com
i could never memorize them.... this mnemonic is awsome. THANKS:thumbup: