Do you apply separately for the MD/PhD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

beamiestface

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I?m not a future MD/PhD program, but I?m just curious?

I?m starting a psychology PhD program at Carnegie Mellon in the fall, and I noticed that there will be a Pitt MD/PhD in my class. This got me wondering?do MD/PhD students just apply to a MD/PhD program through their MD school, or do they also have to fill out a separate application with their potential PhD program?
 
beamiestface said:
I?m not a future MD/PhD program, but I?m just curious?

I?m starting a psychology PhD program at Carnegie Mellon in the fall, and I noticed that there will be a Pitt MD/PhD in my class. This got me wondering?do MD/PhD students just apply to a MD/PhD program through their MD school, or do they also have to fill out a separate application with their potential PhD program?

Most have to fill out seperate applications but it's done in a unified process.