Do you consider Drugs.com to be a valid drug information resource?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lexington2012

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At my school we were taught that the HON foundation reviews drug resource sites. Drugs.com is HON foundation approved, but my preceptor says that the site is not a valid resource to use. If something were to go wrong, would I be exposing myself to liability by using this resource instead of micromedex/lexicomp?
 
Drugs.com is pretty basic information. OK for a consumer who just needs to know the basics of the medication they are taking. I have no idea about liability, but just from a usefulness standpoint drugs.com would be on the bottom of my goto list. Micromedix, lexicomp, ASHP drugs, even Facts & Comparisons are all far more useful than drugs.com.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my preceptors at an indi used Drugs.com for all of his interaction checks and CMRs. I was honestly surprised but I personally like Lexi/Clinical Pharmacology better anyways.