Do you get paid in GPR or AEGD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanttobedmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have I misheard? Or, if it is true, approximately how much is it?

Members don't see this ad.

Have I misheard? Or, if it is true, approximately how much is it?

not all, but generally yes. Stipends range from $10,000-$60,000 roughly. They are usually higher for GPRs because you are on call. The stipend for Lutheran Medical Center run AEGDs (which is a large number of the total AEGDs) is $40,000.

...haha, at first glance I thought your name was "I want to bed [an] MD". very to the point ;)

$10,000-$60,000? How are you supposed to live off of that, especially the lower end with outstanding loans over your head? Do you have to start paying your loans after graduating from dental school, or are you allowed to wait another 1-2 years for a GPR or AEGD program?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
$10,000-$60,000? How are you supposed to live off of that, especially the lower end with outstanding loans over your head? Don't you have to start paying your loans after graduating from dental school, or are you allowed to wait another 1-2 years for a GPR or AEGD program?

A GPR/AEGD is considered a residency. With that said, your loans will be in academic deferment.

not all, but generally yes. Stipends range from $10,000-$60,000 roughly. They are usually higher for GPRs because you are on call. The stipend for Lutheran Medical Center run AEGDs (which is a large number of the total AEGDs) is $40,000.

...haha, at first glance I thought your name was "I want to bed [an] MD". very to the point ;)

This!!!

And I love your Avatar