do you 'group' interviews? or just go when you get them

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dulcina

=)
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview in an area (1 hr plane flight away) from a bunch of other schools that I applied to.

Are people just booking the first interview slot to those schools, or waiting for other schools to get back to you?

Members don't see this ad.

I was able to group three of mine, but that was only because the offers came to me at about the same time and two of the schools had a little flexibility. It definitely saved on airfare. That said, I wouldn't push back an interview too much based on the hope of interview offers that have yet to happen! Good luck with the interview(s)!

My plan is to schedule each interview for the earliest possible date and not plan for grouping.

Members don't see this ad :)
How are so many people on SDN able to group interviews?

Have you guys graduated from college already? I feel like I'll get owned if I miss 1-2 days of school lol

How are so many people on SDN able to group interviews?

Have you guys graduated from college already? I feel like I'll get owned if I miss 1-2 days of school lol

heh 1 interview alone is 2 days!! fly first day, interview second day (unless the interview is on a monday).

I wanted to group to save airfare, but it looks like it wont be worth pushing back the date. I guess i'll bite the bullet and book the ticket.... I'll just be happy that i have the interview at all :D

You can always contact nearby schools and say something like "I will be in XX area on these dates and was wondering if your school has made any decisions on my application so that I can plan my trip accordingly". It works with some schools, not with others, but you never know.

I would take early interview requests as early as you can. Once you get an acceptance, then you can be more selective about interviews. You can turn down some and that will save you money. But before you get your first acceptance, interview early and happily!