do you guys have a life?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxliteguy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i mean today is friday night and here we are on sdn. :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

i work second shift

what life?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone who is here right now has no life

No, not usually on friday and saturday night. My boyfriend's a dj, so he works tuesday through saturday night. Kind of sucks, but that's ok. We don't really do much. We don't like to go to clubs or anything like that. Our idea of a nice night out is to go to a restaurant and see a show. If we didn't live in Las Vegas, it would probably be just going out to a restaurant and then watching a movie or something (or playing a computer game, we're big computer game nerds).

Oh-- I cleaned my house tonight! That's how I spend my friday/saturday nights!!! :)

Pharmacy school drained the life out of me...

Let's play the math game and see what we can add up...
  • 16 hours per week in class plus a few extra for the hours of lab that don't actually count for credit. Therefore, 20 hours per week in class.
  • 4 or 8 hours per week for IPPE.
  • This week it's 24.5 hours at my part-time job.
  • The grand total of hours during a semester that will never be devoted to my social life is 48.5 to 52.5 hours.
Since there are only 168 hours in one week, I only have a maximum of 119.5 hours left. If I sleep 6 hours per day for 7 days, that would take 42 hours of my free time. Now there's only 77.5 hours remaining, and when you divide that by 7 days, I have 11.07 hours left per day. It may seem like a lot of time per day, but don't forget that you have to subtract about 4 hours for meals, bathing/grooming, and driving around. The new total is 7.07 hours per day. I could take away a few more hours for various reasons, but you should get the picture by now.

Since I would rather have that time "for a life" on a Friday or Saturday, I will save up my time during the week by working and getting the IPPE hours done. I use the time that's left over on the weekend "for a life". For example, I went out to dinner last night. The pizza was really good!

Today, I might go to a political gathering with my friend after I get off of work, but I'm not sure. I need to get my Halloween costume together, so I might work on that instead.

Next weekend is going to be freakin' nuts around here. There's VooDoo Fest and the usual Halloween parties. I'm anticipating a great weekend, and since my next exam is 11/05, I should be fine.

Let's play the math game and see what we can add up...
  • 16 hours per week in class plus a few extra for the hours of lab that don't actually count for credit. Therefore, 20 hours per week in class.
  • 4 or 8 hours per week for IPPE.
  • This week it's 24.5 hours at my part-time job.
  • The grand total of hours during a semester that will never be devoted to my social life is 48.5 to 52.5 hours.
Since there are only 168 hours in one week, I only have a maximum of 119.5 hours left. If I sleep 6 hours per day for 7 days, that would take 42 hours of my free time. Now there's only 77.5 hours remaining, and when you divide that by 7 days, I have 11.07 hours left per day. It may seem like a lot of time per day, but don't forget that you have to subtract about 4 hours for meals, bathing/grooming, and driving around. The new total is 7.07 hours per day. I could take away a few more hours for various reasons, but you should get the picture by now.

Since I would rather have that time "for a life" on a Friday or Saturday, I will save up my time during the week by working and getting the IPPE hours done. I use the time that's left over on the weekend "for a life". For example, I went out to dinner last night. The pizza was really good!

Today, I might go to a political gathering with my friend after I get off of work, but I'm not sure. I need to get my Halloween costume together, so I might work on that instead.

Next weekend is going to be freakin' nuts around here. There's VooDoo Fest and the usual Halloween parties. I'm anticipating a great weekend, and since my next exam is 11/05, I should be fine.

It's not all those things that indicate you have no life. It's you posting here on Saturday morning.. at 7:30

It's not all those things that indicate you have no life. It's you posting here on Saturday morning.. at 7:30
I'm going to work today so that I can give you full reign of this territory for like 6 hours. It's just a favor, you know? :p

Oh, and you're the one with no life. Stop stalking people so early in the morning! :smuggrin:

i work second shift

what life?

I started off as a second shift pharmacist... l used to like it because I could get up little later. But my day was awkward. Looking back... I realize it's a tough shift.

All week long I plan what will I do during the weekend, so many things……and when it comes to it I get up very late, spend too much time in the garden, too much time answering letters, and never even do the smallest bit of what I planned to do.
I work long hours and I’m just tired at the end of the week. :sleep: