Do you have any questions for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muggle911

Non-magical member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some not school-specific questions that you can ask at the end of an interview when you have nothing better to ask? (or when your mind goes blank?)
Any help appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Do you see any big changes in the schools near future?

Questions about the area (only works if you're not from it).

What keeps you working here?

Honestly, you SHOULD come up with something school specific, because it shows you took the time to look closely at what makes their school unique and gives them an idea of why you want to go there.

If you really want something that's non-specific, I always made a point of asking about research opportunities there because that's something that's important to me. You can also ask your interviewer what made THEM choose the school they're teaching at.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you have a tour of the school with a med student before hand ask them what might be a good question to ask. I was on a tour and somebody else asked this and I later asked this question at the end of my interview and it got us talking for another 10 min. that seemed to go pretty well.

I don't know if it's appropriate, but you might ask an MS-X, "How has your view/outlook changed since entering medical school?" If it's a physician, it can be tweaked a little to include how they have changed through pre-med, med, etc. I have yet to be so fortunate to be offered a med-school interview, but I would think of like any interview (or date for that matter). People like to talk about themselves. Eh, but I could be entirely wrong. Who knows. It's better than say, "Nope. Thanks. That was fun, see ya later!"

If you have a med student interviewing you, you can ask how his or her M1 year was. It can lead you to find out some things about the interviewer's view of the schools (i.e. why he/she attended, things he/she liked or disliked, lessons they learned from that yr, etc.)

If my interviewer was a physician working in the area, I like to ask how their experience was working in that area and what is the patient community like. it gives me an idea of the demographics and types of people one may encounter, challenges one faces in that area, etc.)

good luck!

Honestly, you SHOULD come up with something school specific, because it shows you took the time to look closely at what makes their school unique and gives them an idea of why you want to go there.

Agree,
If you can't think of anything school specific, just thing about the school's presentation or tour and make up questions from that

Agree,
If you can't think of anything school specific, just thing about the school's presentation or tour and make up questions from that

My interview is before the presentation and tour.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!