Do you have to say you are a reapplicant to a school you did not apply to the first time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcdonaldssprite

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My new school list is very distinct from my first time applying. How should I answer the "Have you applied to medical school before?" question on the secondaries for schools I have not applied to before?

Members don't see this ad.

My new school list is very distinct from my first time applying. How should I answer the "Have you applied to medical school before?" question on the secondaries for schools I have not applied to before?
They already know that you are a first time applicant to their school. If they are asking, they want to know about your re-application experience. The honest answer is yes.

Reactions: 1 user
just wanted to say i was a reapplicant this year with about 60% of my schools being new schools. only a few of my new school's secondaries asked me about whether or not i applied to med school before and there was space to explain what i'd learned from the experience of being a reapplicant/how i'd improved since then! if any of your secondaries ask just be honest and tell them how you've improved and how being a reapp will actually make you a better doctor! as much as the rejection hurt and much as the wasted time & money sucked, being a reapplicant is actually one of the best things that could have happened to me because looking back i was straight up not ready to embark on my medical education journey and my real world experience in between apps has really shaped the type of physician i want to be and allowed me to grow into myself as a person and future medical professional; feel free to pm if you want to chat about it!!

Reactions: 1 users