Do you have to use your own check for secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jae9970

Freshman Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this will sound very stupid but do you think i can use, say, my brother's check if i dont have a stack of checks ready to pay for secondary applications?

Members don't see this ad.

I think this is a question you want to ask your brother first.:hardy::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
it's fine as long as you have your name and amcas id on it

Why don;t you get a Debit card? Much more convenient and you can pay electronically!! :)

Some Universities are making you send in the secondary by slow mail. So no other way than the check.

I think this is a question you want to ask your brother first.:hardy::laugh:

he is me and i am he.. my stuff is his stuff and his stuff is mine, so no need to ask him :laugh:

joking

I used my parents checks for the secondaries I couldn't pay electronically. I never had any problems, I just put my AMCAS ID on the memo line. I didn't have any problems, all the schools promptly took the money.

"Dear Medical School,
My name is Lady Love, the widow of the exiled king Mbuto of Swaziland. I recently overpaid you on a secondary application by the amount of $44,000,000. Would you be so kind to promptly return half of that balance and keep the remainder as a token of my gratitude for this inconvenience?
May God be with your family,
HM Lady Love"

:laugh: