How are you finding people to edit your secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Is there a list similar to the personal statement post for people to get feedback on their secondaries? My friends are starting med school / I've already bothered them with my first few. Just wondering how everyone else is dealing.

Thanks & good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My partner reads mine. I just need a fresh pair of eyes for each essay as I would have already checked for flow and grammar myself.

Since there are so many secondaries it's tough to ask that much time from someone.

Members don't see this ad :)
🙋 (already helping of course). Keep checking the volunteer readers list too
Got some secondaries I would really appreciate getting a second look at for topic choice and flow. Have any more room to add to your queue or know someone that does? It looks like the volunteer list hasn't been updated since mid-July and I'm waiting to hear from some readers.

Got some secondaries I would really appreciate getting a second look at for topic choice and flow. Have any more room to add to your queue or know someone that does? It looks like the volunteer list hasn't been updated since mid-July and I'm waiting to hear from some readers.
Send me a conversation request.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
ChatGPT has been immeasurably helpful for this. I highly recommend the $20/month paid version, which gives you access to GPT-4, a much more powerful model than the free version.

Just type in the prompt and your response and ask for feedback and voila.

You can also ask it for example responses to prompts that confuse you. Seeing an example has been really helpful as I structure my responses and focus on what's important in my essays. However, do not fall into the temptation of having it write essays for you in any way. Aside from being immoral, AI detectors exist and they are getting better all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
ChatGPT has been immeasurably helpful for this. I highly recommend the $20/month paid version, which gives you access to GPT-4, a much more powerful model than the free version.

You can also ask it for example responses to prompts that confuse you. Seeing an example has been really helpful as I structure my responses and focus on what's important in my essays. However, do not fall into the temptation of having it write essays for you in any significant way. Aside from being immoral, AI detectors exist and they are getting better all the time.
Thank you for this! I have been using AI for grammar, but I will see if I can use it in these other ways as well.

Is there a list similar to the personal statement post for people to get feedback on their secondaries? My friends are starting med school / I've already bothered them with my first few. Just wondering how everyone else is dealing.

Thanks & good luck to everyone!
I have one of my roommates read them and basically just tell me
1. Does it suck
2. Does it answer the prompt
3. Are my points clearly made

Reactions: 1 user

You can also ask it for example responses to prompts that confuse you. Seeing an example has been really helpful as I structure my responses and focus on what's important in my essays. However, do not fall into the temptation of having it write essays for you in any way. Aside from being immoral, AI detectors exist and they are getting better all the time.
Is this fair game as far as secondaries go? Obviously having ChatGPT to write for you is a no-no (both in terms of integrity and the fact that it probably wouldn't do a very good job), but is it generally accepted that we can use it as a tool for feedback and editing?