The clinical nature of pharmacy has been pushed since the mid 1970's. I have to say over the last 35 years or so it has gone nowhere. One of the chief problems is the financial viability of clinical services provided by pharmacists. Take for example immunizations. Where is the financial justification for 90k a year pharmacists to do what a 50k a year nurse or 30k a year cna can do? There is none. I would suggest you ask your professors, the next time they are spinning up the clinical role of pharmacists, a few questions. 1. what percent of jobs are in clinical roles. 2. where is the cost justification for pharmacists to provide services that lower paid people can do. 3. Who will pay for the services. I'm sorry to say the spin on clinical has been around for years. I believe all you young bright students deserve the truth. Most jobs are in environmnets not even remotely clinical. Ask your professors these questions . I would be happy to debate them on the viability of clinical pharmacy. I have a Doctorate in Pharmacy and an MBA.