Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Do you list awards?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by EagerToBeMD, Apr 22, 2007.

1. EagerToBeMD

EagerToBeMD Medical Student

Medical Student
    Do people list awards on their application? I won the Chemistry Student award last year with a modest scholarship and I'm wondering if ya'll list those?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kerplunk112

Non-Student
    yes you list awards but only if they are significant. medschools can tell what is fluff and what isnt. if youo cant fill up the 15 spots i dont think it can really hurt to put it down. i put some bull**** 500 buck microbio scholarship i recievedfor academic achievement.

4. TheAmazingGOB

TheAmazingGOB It ain't easy bein' white

Medical Student
    Sure, it shows that your school or some other organization recognized your achievement and hard work as a student. I wouldn't necessarily list multiple awards as multiple activities, I would just dedicate 1 of the 15 sections to awards and mention all of them in the one section.

5. eternalrage

eternalrage Even Kal has bad days...

Resident [Any Field]
    Does it have a better name than "Chemistry Student Award", that sounds corny, more something along the lines of "Award for Distinguished Achievements in Chemistry"? Also if it came from your department, I'd definitely write it down.