You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Do you love or loathe your current job?
Started by Unraveling
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Currently doing 2nd shift in LTC, enjoying it but I wouldn't mind either moving to morning shift or work in hospital.
will see what will happen later on this year, but for now im thankful for even having a job so i'll stay with it for the meantme
will see what will happen later on this year, but for now im thankful for even having a job so i'll stay with it for the meantme
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am unemployed because I cannot find a job that pays more than $12 an hour. I refuse to prostitute myself.
I work part time as a tech in a hospital pharmacy on alternating weekends. I love my job because it has great pay, and 2 weekends out of the month is a full-time student's dream come true. The only negative is how stressful it can get and waking up early on the weekend for a 6am-2:30pm shift
I am unemployed because I cannot find a job that pays more than $12 an hour. I refuse to prostitute myself.
spoiled. I'd never made more than $10/hr until my first intern job, where I made $11.65.
Just wondering how you feel about your current position and what you would change if you could.
I currently work retail and am looking to explore different areas of pharmacy. Your thoughts and experiences are appreciated.
I have 2 internships. A hospital ED satellite internship, I LOVE THIS JOB! I see and learn to much there, even if the stuff you learn is mostly limited to trauma meds and antibiotics. The clinical pharmacists (4 of them rotates) I work for actually have time to teach/coach me. I learned about the different protocols and how to help the doctor and nurse out in traumas.
2nd internship at a Walgreen in a white-trash neighborhood. I hate that job. The pharmacy manager only cares about money, short staff every shift and will turn a blind eye and bend laws, all for a fatter bonus for himself at year end. The customers are ******ed and rude, all make a giant sucking sound on medicaid. I never get the 1/2 hour break due to the understaffed and crazy busy nature. During the year and half I worked there, we've been robbed 3x, drive through shot at twice, and got 2 arrests for fake scripts. Seen 2 floater/new pharmacists broke down and cried due to hostile/impatient customers. 1 pharmacist fired for theft. That's about it.
You've gotta be kidding me, if you are looking for retail job. You are a pre-pharmer with (probably?) no experience, you aren't worth $12/hour. In a hospital, you may get lucky, but depending on the area you are at, good luck finding someone who is hiring.I am unemployed because I cannot find a job that pays more than $12 an hour. I refuse to prostitute myself.
I started in my pharm tech job in my first year of college at $6.45/hour (of was it $6.15?) Though that was a while ago. 😀
I do like my current job, I work for big pharma on the commercial side. One thing I would change is the location, but that's coming in the next three to five years... assuming, I keep my job that long, in this economic climate. Damn, my company's stock lost a third of its value since October... though I guess that's still better than Dow, and many other companies' stock...
You've gotta be kidding me, if you are looking for retail job. You are a pre-pharmer with (probably?) no experience, you aren't worth $12/hour. In a hospital, you may get lucky, but depending on the area you are at, good luck finding someone who is hiring.
I started in my pharm tech job in my first year of college at $6.45/hour (of was it $6.15?) Though that was a while ago. 😀
I started at 7 dollars an hour as a tech. I dunno I think the experience is worth it, especially for someone trying to get into school. Who the hell cares what you start making, its what you end up making that counts

hospital pays more, at least for me, even as an intern. Its been the best thing I could have done was to switch from community to hospital. no one yells at me for their copay for HCTZ being 7 dollars
Exactly. I didn't even know what the pay rate was until I got my first paycheck. 😀I started at 7 dollars an hour as a tech. I dunno I think the experience is worth it, especially for someone trying to get into school. Who the hell cares what you start making, its what you end up making that counts![]()
I work for a small hospital. I love it.
I started in my pharm tech job in my first year of college at $6.45/hour (of was it $6.15?) Though that was a while ago. 😀
Ditto, although mine was $6/hr back in 1997 in a retail setting. 😛
At my last intern job in a hospital, I made over $15/hr with the evening shift differentials.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 17
- Views
- 3K