do you think CA's budget crisis will affect the UC dental schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kneecoal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so there's an article in Time that the UC's are going to have to cut their budgets by $813 million. At least for undergrad, UCLA is cutting 165 courses in the fall alone and upping their class sizes. Do you think this will affect the dental schools at all?

Members don't see this ad.

There are only a few hundred dental students but thousands of undergrads...I think UCs will be affected but hopefully not too much.

I think the loss of Dentical (i.e. patients) will have a greater effect on cali dental schools than will budget cuts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't underestimate the effect of Cali budget cut... I've got a buddy who's attending UC Hastings School of Law, and he told me they just lost a portion of their budget from the State and are increasing their tuition by 25%. If you're concerned about the budget issue, applying to the private schools like Loma Linda or UoP might be a good idea.

I think the loss of Dentical (i.e. patients) will have a greater effect on cali dental schools than will budget cuts.

The loss of Dentical wiped out half my patients! Sure, pre-auth'n Dentical sucked but I got stuff done. Now it's just treatment planning endo and crowns and simply end up extracting.

The loss of Dentical wiped out half my patients! Sure, pre-auth'n Dentical sucked but I got stuff done. Now it's just treatment planning endo and crowns and simply end up extracting.

:scared: anything else being affected at sf??

so there's an article in Time that the UC's are going to have to cut their budgets by $813 million. At least for undergrad, UCLA is cutting 165 courses in the fall alone and upping their class sizes. Do you think this will affect the dental schools at all?
Right now, I know they're having lots of difficulties with offering classes to undergrads at UCLA. Not sure how that may affect their dental school. I don't care either way. I'd love to go UCLA regardless of how bad the budget crisis might be!