Do you think I can get residency ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smithek

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out today that my dad got a job in MN. We currently live in TN, but we'll have a place up in MN by the end of this month. I plan to start pharmacy school fall of 2012. I've already submitted PharmCAS. How will this affect admissions and residency status at the U of M?

Members don't see this ad.

Not the sort of residency I was expecting.

Your best bet would be to find out the residency policy of the specific school, often available on their website.

Not the sort of residency I was expecting.

Your best bet would be to find out the residency policy of the specific school, often available on their website.

yeah in retrospect, not the clearest title..
Thanks will do

Members don't see this ad :)
I just found out today that my dad got a job in MN. We currently live in TN, but we'll have a place up in MN by the end of this month. I plan to start pharmacy school fall of 2012. I've already submitted PharmCAS. How will this affect admissions and residency status at the U of M?

From what I've heard MN is hard to get residency.

I believe you have to live here for one year for a reason unrelated to school (I'm a MN gal) to have residency.

I believe that if you are still using your parents' address as your home address and they move within the next couple of weeks, you will squeak by. Make sure to update your address immediately with pharmcas/the schools you are applying to. Also, changeover all of those residency-implying things like your drivers' license and voter registration as soon as possible.

My guess is that you may lose residency at your current school, though (if that is a factor).

I believe you have to live here for one year for a reason unrelated to school (I'm a MN gal) to have residency.

I believe that if you are still using your parents' address as your home address and they move within the next couple of weeks, you will squeak by. Make sure to update your address immediately with pharmcas/the schools you are applying to. Also, changeover all of those residency-implying things like your drivers' license and voter registration as soon as possible.

My guess is that you may lose residency at your current school, though (if that is a factor).

Yeah -- I'll get on it right away. I go to a private school in MN for undergrad, so residency isn't currently an issue. Thanks guys! Hope it works !

Yeah -- I'll get on it right away. I go to a private school in MN for undergrad, so residency isn't currently an issue. Thanks guys! Hope it works !

That makes it even easier, IMO. You will be here all year, so your access to all of those residency-establishing things is much greater than if you were in school in TN.

I'm dying to know where you go :) I was a St. Kate's girl back in the day.