• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

do you trust SDN

Do you trust SDN?

• Yes! The Advice is great and helps/has helped me alot

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • Kinda. Its the internet and I do not know the people personally, but the advice is ok

Votes: 34 37.0%
  • I take everything with a grain of salt

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Trust an anonymous internet site...no way!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
About the Ads

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Indianapolis
  1. Attending Physician
  2. Dentist
Originally posted by Zurich5
Haha, what a region. You going to practice around here Bill?
I think so, right now I'm thinking a small town south of Indy. I'm a country boy, so I like big yards and friendly neighbors, but we'll have to be close enough that Rachel can commute each day.

All told, it's comfortable and familiar, inexpensive, close to family, and we can just get a time-share in the Caribbean for a few weeks a year to make up for the weather. :D

Zurich5

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2002
Hoosierville
Oh, I understand. I?ve loved living in Bloomington, it?s a great place, but there are quite a few dentists here? it?s a pretty liberal town with it?s share of country boys. I like Indianapolis a lot more than I thought it would?clean, good sports (that?s all I need). You thinking about the Greenwood area?

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Indianapolis
  1. Attending Physician
  2. Dentist
Oh, I understand. I?ve loved living in Bloomington, it?s a great place, but there are quite a few dentists here? it?s a pretty liberal town with it?s share of country boys. I like Indianapolis a lot more than I thought it would?clean, good sports (that?s all I need). You thinking about the Greenwood area?
Yeah--Greenwood, Mooresville, Bargersville, Franklin, that general neck of the woods. Traffic is tons better than if you come in from the north, and you don't have the yuppie congestion in Carmel & Fishers...

(true story: the Carmel city council is currently fighting tooth-and-nail over, of all things, whether or not to ban aluminum & vinyl siding in future home construction. Advocates are clamoring that they don't want their houses depreciated by "cheap exterior materials." Meanwhile, children are dying elsewhere by the thousands.)

...plus, since I'm in the Guard, Camp Atterbury is between Franklin and Columbus, so we'll be close for that too. Are you planning to stay in Illinois?

About the Ads

Zurich5

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2002
Hoosierville
Originally posted by aphistis
...plus, since I'm in the Guard, Camp Atterbury is between Franklin and Columbus, so we'll be close for that too. Are you planning to stay in Illinois?

I doubt that I?ll stay in Illinois when I get out. I?m not a huge fan of Southern Illinois, and the Chicago area is ripe full of dentists. We?ll see how things look when I get out, but I would love living in a small town in Colorado or even Montana?. I?m kind of a closet hippy, so to speak.

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Indianapolis
  1. Attending Physician
  2. Dentist
I doubt that I?ll stay in Illinois when I get out. I?m not a huge fan of Southern Illinois, and the Chicago area is ripe full of dentists. We?ll see how things look when I get out, but I would love living in a small town in Colorado or even Montana?. I?m kind of a closet hippy, so to speak.
Colorado is where it's at. You've at least got a few cities for when you need a dose of civilization. Montana, well...there's always Helena!

Bullfan16

Certifiable Quad Streaker
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2004
Whats the deal with this years basketball team? Couldnt even get a few extra wins to get into the NIT? Bloomington is a great place but definitely has a great deal of rednecks. Just my 2 cents

anamod

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2000
Mn, US
I don't trust much of anything said on this forum. I find it interesting to hear others comments, but I don't trust 90% of what is said on here. I would expect people to take what I say as an opinion and with a grain of salt.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.