1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

do you trust SDN

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by 3rdMolarRoller, Mar 22, 2004.

?

Do you trust SDN?

1. Yes! The Advice is great and helps/has helped me alot

26 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Kinda. Its the internet and I do not know the people personally, but the advice is ok

34 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. I take everything with a grain of salt

30 vote(s)
    32.6%
  4. Trust an anonymous internet site...no way!

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. 3rdMolarRoller

3rdMolarRoller User Account Deleted
    7+ Year Member

How much do you trust the advice you receive on SDN?

2. aphistis

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician, Dentist
    Grain of salt, definitely. But it can be extremely helpful to get that initial direction you need to answer a question. After that, it's just a matter of finding corroborating sources.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mobius

mobius Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i trust most of the info here there are exceptions, but i believe most people on here are pretty honest

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Zurich5

Zurich5 Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

I trust no one...especially you Bill Johnson :D

5. aphistis

Drat. I've been found out! +pity+

6. Dr.SpongeBobDDS

Dr.SpongeBobDDS Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think that most people here are sincere and honest. This doesn't mean what people are saying is necessarily true - they just think it is. ;)

Whether online, at synagogue, or sitting in your livingroom watching ABC News, complete and utter skepticism is the only way to go.

7. Zurich5

Removed 10+ Year Member

I think the correct Indiana Term is:

You've founded me out, son.

I like your style spongebob.

8. aphistis

For cripes' sake, Ryan. Four years in Bloomington and you still haven't mastered the language? It's "you done founded me out, son."

9. Zurich5

Removed 10+ Year Member

Haha, what a region. You going to practice around here Bill?

10. aphistis

I think so, right now I'm thinking a small town south of Indy. I'm a country boy, so I like big yards and friendly neighbors, but we'll have to be close enough that Rachel can commute each day.

All told, it's comfortable and familiar, inexpensive, close to family, and we can just get a time-share in the Caribbean for a few weeks a year to make up for the weather. :D

11. Zurich5

Removed 10+ Year Member

Oh, I understand. I?ve loved living in Bloomington, it?s a great place, but there are quite a few dentists here? it?s a pretty liberal town with it?s share of country boys. I like Indianapolis a lot more than I thought it would?clean, good sports (that?s all I need). You thinking about the Greenwood area?

12. aphistis

Yeah--Greenwood, Mooresville, Bargersville, Franklin, that general neck of the woods. Traffic is tons better than if you come in from the north, and you don't have the yuppie congestion in Carmel & Fishers...

(true story: the Carmel city council is currently fighting tooth-and-nail over, of all things, whether or not to ban aluminum & vinyl siding in future home construction. Advocates are clamoring that they don't want their houses depreciated by "cheap exterior materials." Meanwhile, children are dying elsewhere by the thousands.)

...plus, since I'm in the Guard, Camp Atterbury is between Franklin and Columbus, so we'll be close for that too. Are you planning to stay in Illinois?

13. RaiderNation

RaiderNation Recently Reinstated
    7+ Year Member

Grain of salt. The internet is a great information tool, but with the click of the mouse you can post a helpful hint or an abysmal lie, and there is no way to tell between the two.

14. Zurich5

Removed 10+ Year Member

I doubt that I?ll stay in Illinois when I get out. I?m not a huge fan of Southern Illinois, and the Chicago area is ripe full of dentists. We?ll see how things look when I get out, but I would love living in a small town in Colorado or even Montana?. I?m kind of a closet hippy, so to speak.

15. aphistis

Colorado is where it's at. You've at least got a few cities for when you need a dose of civilization. Montana, well...there's always Helena!

16. Bullfan16

Bullfan16 Certifiable Quad Streaker
    7+ Year Member

Whats the deal with this years basketball team? Couldnt even get a few extra wins to get into the NIT? Bloomington is a great place but definitely has a great deal of rednecks. Just my 2 cents

17. anamod

anamod Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I don't trust much of anything said on this forum. I find it interesting to hear others comments, but I don't trust 90% of what is said on here. I would expect people to take what I say as an opinion and with a grain of salt.

18. busupshot83

busupshot83 S.D.N. Vet
    7+ Year Member

SDN is evil

19. aphistis

YOUR MOM is evil. :eek:

;)

20. busupshot83

busupshot83 S.D.N. Vet
    7+ Year Member

AHHHHHHH :eek:

21. blankguy

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    SDN is good for general advice but not so good for specific advice on how to go about accomplishing what you want.

22. busupshot83

busupshot83 S.D.N. Vet
    7+ Year Member

right... it's good for bitching and complaining about your grades, but in the end, simply just posting and not performing is not going to get you into dental school :idea:

23. ShawnOne

ShawnOne DDS over DMD
    7+ Year Member

Who is bitching and moaning?

The SDN i know is comprised of a bunch of overacheivers boasting about which school they recently got accepted to.

Maybe i dont surf the DAT board enough.