do you work or plan to work while in OT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlr5585

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's a tough world out there and many of us (inlcuding me) need $$. I couldn't afford to go to school full time and not work at least part time. I was wondering if any of you work or plan to work while going to OT school. If so, what are some things that you do? How do you work it into your schedule? Have you found some jobs that are related to OT that you can get paid for?? Thank you so much for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I know it's a tough world out there and many of us (inlcuding me) need $$. I couldn't afford to go to school full time and not work at least part time. I was wondering if any of you work or plan to work while going to OT school. If so, what are some things that you do? How do you work it into your schedule? Have you found some jobs that are related to OT that you can get paid for?? Thank you so much for the advice.

I'm planning to work unfortnately I don't have the luxury of being have to focus on school full-time so I plan to find a full-time night job. From the schedule this year I was able to determine the hours that the school I am applying to normally holds class and it's very hard to work with something in the morning so some kind of way I'm going to have to work at least the first year from like 11pm-7am or something like that. It's tough to do and the school I'm attending is 45 minutes away from my current place of residence. So I'll have to do this at least until Level II field workand figure out how to work around that schedule next.