'Doctor arrested for allegedly abusing four young children'

Started by W19
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Comparing Nazis and pedophiles is about as useful as comparing American slavery and the Holocaust. In your parlance, #useless. Badness needs no analogy.

I don't think there is any utility in the comparison of suffering...which is why I didn't make a comparison. Instead, I suggested that this wasn't the first or last time that someone who was a member of the medical profession (which seemed to be the grievance here as abuse by any adult entrusted with the care of child is certainly egregious) might commit such a heinous act. This is also why there is a link to other heinous doctors throughout history. The man, to whom the OP drew our attention, is unfortunately in good company.

Joseph Mengele was a Nazi but he was also a man. And it could be reasonably speculated that the specificity of he atrocities he committed resulted from not only opportunity but also from who he was as a person. I think to simply blame (conflate) his actions with Nazism is a bit shortsighted.

But I appreciate the earnestness of your chide.
 
Last edited: