“Doctor” Lea

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caligas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
6B00EC59-8C3D-4085-8D3C-954C9D5076A2.png

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I don't really care if people use academic credentials that refer to them as a doctor outside of a hospital setting. Doesn't the AANA still hate the APSF? I find it interesting a CRNA would be joining that board. I guess it's a long play to try to sway the APSF to reverse course on their stance about the WHO standard they endorsed.

Reactions: 1 users
I happen to have worked with Josh- genuinely nice guy, very good CRNA, collaborative and easy to work with. Never heard him introduce himself to a patient as Dr, and would be surprised if he did. I doubt that he’s doing this stuff with any nefarious political motives in mind, other than maybe advancing his own career (which is no different that the BS academic game that many of us play)

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I happen to have worked with Josh- genuinely nice guy, very good CRNA, collaborative and easy to work with. Never heard him introduce himself to a patient as Dr, and would be surprised if he did. I doubt that he’s doing this stuff with any nefarious political motives in mind, other than maybe advancing his own career (which is no different that the BS academic game that many of us play)

whatever you say Josh.

• Haha
Reactions: 30 users
The APSF has several CRNAs on their board. This person has a doctorate and this can be called doctor. The bio is in an academic/board setting so why is it not appropriate to call him doctor? If not in a bio like this, when would it ever be appropriate for PhDs and DNPs to ever be referred to as doctor? It’s not like he’s telling patients he’s a doctor in preop.

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly, CRNAs should be getting rid of the AANA. They have done nothing but create a contentious environment for all CRNAs everywhere, case in point.

This person could be a fantastic CRNA with no illusions of grandeur, but the AANA has made it their mission to portray all CRNAs as physician equivalents and providers that are trying to practice independently. Personally speaking, it makes it difficult for me to trust any CRNA as a result.

Reactions: 6 users
I have no problem with this, at all. It’s an academic position and good for this guy for bucking his national organization and contributing to the APSF.

Reactions: 5 users
Honestly, CRNAs should be getting rid of the AANA. They have done nothing but create a contentious environment for all CRNAs everywhere, case in point.

If only this would happen.

I wish MDs would abandon and condemn the AMA for their heinous political activity... but that won’t happen either.

Reactions: 4 users
If only this would happen.

I wish MDs would abandon and condemn the AMA for their heinous political activity... but that won’t happen either.

I think only like 10-20% of attending physicians in the country are members of the AMA. I think >95% of CRNAs are members of the AANA. They virtually require it for continuing ed.

I think only like 10-20% of attending physicians in the country are members of the AMA. I think >95% of CRNAs are members of the AANA. They virtually require it for continuing ed.
Yeah, that's quite the setup if I remember correctly - something like pay dues and we'll track your CMEs which of course are required for recertification - or don't be a member and we'll charge more than your dues cost just to track your CMEs.

• Haha
APSF had an article written by CRNA about glidescope piece breaking off when an srna intubated. She said present for the airway and case were intubating srna, CRNA, and attending surgeon. No mention of an Anesthesiologist. Also on the front page was a little blurb asking any AANA members not on the mailing list to join if they would like. Especially when CRNAs denounce ASA and APSF still trying to keep nurses included, nice APSF!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
APSF had an article written by CRNA about glidescope piece breaking off when an srna intubated. She said present for the airway and case were intubating srna, CRNA, and attending surgeon. No mention of an Anesthesiologist. Also on the front page was a little blurb asking any AANA members not on the mailing list to join if they would like. Especially when CRNAs denounce ASA and APSF still trying to keep nurses included, nice APSF!

I feel you. But the hospital is in bumble**** VA, population 5k. There might not have been an anesthesiologist. A different question is how they missed that 1/3 of the tip snapped off and why there is blood on the blade if it was such an easy intubation.

I feel you. But the hospital is in bumble**** VA, population 5k. There might not have been an anesthesiologist. A different question is how they missed that 1/3 of the tip snapped off and why there is blood on the blade if it was such an easy intubation.

The cause is obvious. They must have let the surgeon hold the glidescope.