Supervising physician fined because DNP called herself Doctor.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coffeebythelake

I'm not a word-mincer
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

The fine was higher than what the DNP got.

Members don't see this ad.

Gee, a doctor getting the blame when a nurse plays doctor…where have I heard that before?

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
anesthesiologists need to understand, learn and respect their credentials and do not accept any equality between themselves and CRNA.

Take every opportunity and clarify credentials and roles despite the odds against you in most working environments.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

The fine was higher than what the DNP got.

The medical schools are actively taking people in and molding them for the collaborative team model. AKA army of NP noctors and their liability sponge and difficult case taker, the physician.

Insurances, governments, hospitals all want this.

From my experience, Docs make bad administrators and managers. Business degree types can run circles around the good ones.

True autonomy may stay with eye docs, derm, cardiac docs and neurosurg.

Reactions: 2 users
What a fking dummy
“Although Moore was not compensated for the oversight role, she said she made herself available over the next 2 years to answer Erny's questions”

Not even getting paid to be a shlt sponge.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
The medical schools are actively taking people in and molding them for the collaborative team model. AKA army of NP noctors and their liability sponge and difficult case taker, the physician.

Insurances, governments, hospitals all want this.

From my experience, Docs make bad administrators and managers. Business degree types can run circles around the good ones.

True autonomy may stay with eye docs, derm, cardiac docs and neurosurg.

Fuk
you need to be nice to everyone….
Need to play nice in the sandbox….

Last edited:
Make our $$$ when we can. When the hospitals ask this type of shlt in the future, 3rd finger.

Reactions: 1 users
Make our $$$ when we can. When the hospitals ask this type of shlt in the future, 3rd finger.
No lie I had to count which one was third then I got my answer

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
anesthesiologists need to understand, learn and respect their credentials and do not accept any equality between themselves and CRNA.

Take every opportunity and clarify credentials and roles despite the odds against you in most working environments.
yea, all the crnas here already either have a 'phd' or are working towards their doctorate. doctorate involves doing online courses and completing online assignments. ive been told its been super easy after chatgpt came out, since you can just enter it into chatgpt and paste the answers.

but so far none of them introduce themselves as doctor , to the patient. which is good

yea, all the crnas here already either have a 'phd' or are working towards their doctorate. doctorate involves doing online courses and completing online assignments. ive been told its been super easy after chatgpt came out, since you can just enter it into chatgpt and paste the answers.

but so far none of them introduce themselves as doctor , to the patient. which is good
I find this deception infuriating.

Keep highlighting the incompetence at the bedside.

"Oh DNP Becky put you on Cipro for cellulitis? Yeah that's the wrong antibiotic."

"Oh DNP Mackenzie sent you in for chest pain that happened yesterday? Yeah, this was a waste of your time and money and I apologize for that."

Then call their supervising physicians.

Reactions: 1 users

Hospital medical staff exec committee should take the lead in nipping this in the bud at the local level.