-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step II Doctors in training (DIT) for step 2
Started by Polymyxin
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I used it, very good review. Haven't gotten step 2 score back yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey All ... I am using DIT 2014 for Step 2 and like it so far. Are there "Starred" topics for Step 2 (Like 5 star, 4 star, etc...)? I used them for Step 1 and it really boosted my score. If not, can we use Step 1 starred for Step 2 (Minus the topics not covered) ... Thanks!
Not so much stars like for step 1, I really felt like it was hit or miss for some of the topics. I felt like the Ob/GYN guy was too "dual" in his explanations (not bad but it just didn't capture my attention or add any unique details to what was written in step up to step 2ck--which is a pretty bland book in my opinion). Sometimes I felt like it was a handsome doc keeping me company while I sat in my miserable dungeon studying to help keep me awake without the help of caffeine.
It wasn't good or bad in my opinion, it was just blah
It wasn't good or bad in my opinion, it was just blah
I listened to the first few lectures and didn't really feel it. I felt it didn't really emphasize the next best step, best initial test and basically just listed all of them. But it does review a lot of pathophysiology which you can also get from Uworld explanation.
Anecdotal heard its not worth it. Too many people regretted doing it for step 1, and they tried it briefly for step 2 and disliked it equally. Highly recommend mededonline on youtube instead.Bumping this thread for any more recent experiences with DIT (first hand or anecdotal). Worth it?
Anecdotal heard its not worth it. Too many people regretted doing it for step 1, and they tried it briefly for step 2 and disliked it equally. Highly recommend mededonline on youtube instead.
Great, thanks for the reply. I probably won't use DIT then.
Hey, I wanted hear more recent experiences with this. Has anyone benefited from this course? I wanted to consider this depending on some more recent feedback. Thank you!
Yes I bit the bullet and used DIT for step 2. I felt that the Step 1 course was hit or miss, and to be honest I felt similar about the step 2 course. The reason I liked the step 2 course is because after studying hard for shelf exams all year ( usually reading case files + 1 other field related text) I was not eager to crack open a bunch of books. Instead I read Step 2 FA CK and used DIT afterwards and I felt it paid off nicely in the sense that I was able to watch lectures to review instead of constantly reading ( I am a very slow reader), and it also threw in necessary tidbits here and there. It is pricey, so I would say its really up to the buyer's level of comfortability with spending the money and what they are expecting out of it. Hope this helps.
PS. Of course I also used UWorld and the NBME's + UWSA for prep.
EDIT: The user I had replied to got banned for spamming, but I can't delete my post now.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 871
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 585