Doctors in training (DIT) for step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Polymyxin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
DIT has mixed but overall positive reviews for step 1. What do people think of their step 2 material. Anyone use the most recent editions?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used it also, and recommend it, though closer toward my exam I focused on UWORLD and did not have time for videos.

Hey All ... I am using DIT 2014 for Step 2 and like it so far. Are there "Starred" topics for Step 2 (Like 5 star, 4 star, etc...)? I used them for Step 1 and it really boosted my score. If not, can we use Step 1 starred for Step 2 (Minus the topics not covered) ... Thanks!

Not so much stars like for step 1, I really felt like it was hit or miss for some of the topics. I felt like the Ob/GYN guy was too "dual" in his explanations (not bad but it just didn't capture my attention or add any unique details to what was written in step up to step 2ck--which is a pretty bland book in my opinion). Sometimes I felt like it was a handsome doc keeping me company while I sat in my miserable dungeon studying to help keep me awake without the help of caffeine.

It wasn't good or bad in my opinion, it was just blah

I listened to the first few lectures and didn't really feel it. I felt it didn't really emphasize the next best step, best initial test and basically just listed all of them. But it does review a lot of pathophysiology which you can also get from Uworld explanation.

Bumping this thread for any more recent experiences with DIT (first hand or anecdotal). Worth it?

Bumping this thread for any more recent experiences with DIT (first hand or anecdotal). Worth it?
Anecdotal heard its not worth it. Too many people regretted doing it for step 1, and they tried it briefly for step 2 and disliked it equally. Highly recommend mededonline on youtube instead.

Anecdotal heard its not worth it. Too many people regretted doing it for step 1, and they tried it briefly for step 2 and disliked it equally. Highly recommend mededonline on youtube instead.

Great, thanks for the reply. I probably won't use DIT then.

Hey, I wanted hear more recent experiences with this. Has anyone benefited from this course? I wanted to consider this depending on some more recent feedback. Thank you!

Hey, I wanted hear more recent experiences with this. Has anyone benefited from this course? I wanted to consider this depending on some more recent feedback. Thank you!

Yes I bit the bullet and used DIT for step 2. I felt that the Step 1 course was hit or miss, and to be honest I felt similar about the step 2 course. The reason I liked the step 2 course is because after studying hard for shelf exams all year ( usually reading case files + 1 other field related text) I was not eager to crack open a bunch of books. Instead I read Step 2 FA CK and used DIT afterwards and I felt it paid off nicely in the sense that I was able to watch lectures to review instead of constantly reading ( I am a very slow reader), and it also threw in necessary tidbits here and there. It is pricey, so I would say its really up to the buyer's level of comfortability with spending the money and what they are expecting out of it. Hope this helps.

PS. Of course I also used UWorld and the NBME's + UWSA for prep.

Reactions: 1 user