The sooner, the better. Always.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

hallowmann

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Just get them in ASAP. It doesn't matter what month, it matters that you do all you can to have a complete app as soon as possible. It's one of the few things in your app that is in your control. That usually means a day, a few days, a week turnaround. The "2 wks" thing is just a suggestion, the rule is as soon as you can.

About the Ads

SlugMD

7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Due to some personal issues, I couldn't submit all my secondaries within 2 weeks. The 7 schools I have called have told me it is ok because we are still very early in the cycle. KCOM/SOMA specifically told me that they recommend I get everything in by September because that is when they get super busy.

Goro

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
The DO cycle is longer and so no, it doesn't matter, unless you submitting in late November.
Or does the month of submission matter more? Colleague won't be getting to them until later this week and most likely submit around early September (>2 weeks since secondary received).

Reactions: getfat

ctran019

forever med student
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2009
California
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Heard some people on the Reddit premed forums mentioning that it would be ideal to get in secondaries by labor day ( Sept 5 ) and honestly that's what I'm aiming for.

Reactions: getfat

SlugMD

7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Heard some people on the Reddit premed forums mentioning that it would be ideal to get in secondaries by labor day ( Sept 5 ) and honestly that's what I'm aiming for.
Same here and in general, this is when schools start getting busy. We are still in the "early" phase.

OP
G

Garferies

5+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2014
The DO cycle is longer and so no, it doesn't matter, unless you submitting in late November.
So schools won't care if you submit 5 or 6 weeks later, but it's still mid or late September?

DameJulie

2+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
The sooner, the better. Always.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1. It does no harm getting out of the way. But make sure you are submitting quality essays rather than rushing it.

Goro

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
No. Admissions Dean don't think "this person must not be interested in us" if you don't turn around your app in < 3 days.

So schools won't care if you submit 5 or 6 weeks later, but it's still mid or late September?

austintr

5000 candles in the wind
5+ Year Member
May 21, 2014
Probably the library
Status
Medical Student
No. Admissions Dean don't think "this person must not be interested in us" if you don't turn around your app in < 3 days.
Not even the wily old ones?!

Goro

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
About the Ads