Does 2-week turnaround for DO secondaries apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Garferies

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just get them in ASAP. It doesn't matter what month, it matters that you do all you can to have a complete app as soon as possible. It's one of the few things in your app that is in your control. That usually means a day, a few days, a week turnaround. The "2 wks" thing is just a suggestion, the rule is as soon as you can.

Members don't see this ad :)
Due to some personal issues, I couldn't submit all my secondaries within 2 weeks. The 7 schools I have called have told me it is ok because we are still very early in the cycle. KCOM/SOMA specifically told me that they recommend I get everything in by September because that is when they get super busy.

The DO cycle is longer and so no, it doesn't matter, unless you submitting in late November.
Or does the month of submission matter more? Colleague won't be getting to them until later this week and most likely submit around early September (>2 weeks since secondary received).

Reactions: 1 user
Heard some people on the Reddit premed forums mentioning that it would be ideal to get in secondaries by labor day ( Sept 5 ) and honestly that's what I'm aiming for.

Reactions: 1 user
Heard some people on the Reddit premed forums mentioning that it would be ideal to get in secondaries by labor day ( Sept 5 ) and honestly that's what I'm aiming for.

Same here and in general, this is when schools start getting busy. We are still in the "early" phase.

The DO cycle is longer and so no, it doesn't matter, unless you submitting in late November.
So schools won't care if you submit 5 or 6 weeks later, but it's still mid or late September?