Does 3 weeks make a difference?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CerealBox

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got invited to interview at one of my top choice (dream) schools. yay! In their email, they specifically state that "It is to your advantage to interview as early as possible."
However, I have already booked myself almost solid w/ interviews all over the country from now through the end of November, with one 6 day span that is free.
Should I book this interview for that week? I'm kind of afraid of burning myself out and not doing well/being myself.
Or is it better to interview 3 weeks later after I've had time to breathe and relax?

I'm looking at Nov 8 vs Nov 28... What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

SeattlePostBach said:
I just got invited to interview at one of my top choice (dream) schools. yay! In their email, they specifically state that "It is to your advantage to interview as early as possible."
However, I have already booked myself almost solid w/ interviews all over the country from now through the end of November, with one 6 day span that is free.
Should I book this interview for that week? I'm kind of afraid of burning myself out and not doing well/being myself.
Or is it better to interview 3 weeks later after I've had time to breathe and relax?

I'm looking at Nov 8 vs Nov 28... What do you think?
Relaaaaax. Odds are they are just saying that to make the scheduling easier on them. After all, they want people that have been complete for awhile to interview now so that it'll leave the later interview days open for people that are just now getting complete and don't have the option of going to the earlier dates. Even if the school is rolling, 3 weeks is not gonna kill you, if you think you'll get a better interview out of it. Go with whichever date you think will be better for you - the 28th.