Does Texas A&M accept cc credit post graduation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thundering

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduated from a 4 year university a few years ago, and only realized this cycle that I need another biology lab credit to meet the TMDSAS prereqs (I only took one lab credit at my institution, and I need 2). As I have been out of school for a couple years, I decided to take an intro biology course + lab at a local cc to meet the prereq.

TMDSAS says that they accept the credit as meeting the prereqs, however i notice on MSAR that Texas A&M does not accept supplemental cc credits?

Would they accept this credit given I am already graduated and just need one extra lab credit? Their website is vague, and their admissions office did not answer my email when I asked them this directly.
 
When I researched this at the beginning of this application cycle (as well as checking their MSAR chart)
A&M is unusual among the TMDSAS schools in not accepting ANY online courses for the hard math/science prerequisites.
They accept CC credits for Biology, Chemistry, Stats, and Physics, but not for Biochemistry.
Their Bio requirement is 6 hours Bio Lecture + 2 hours Bio Lab.