Does a poor interview with the PD sink you if the others went well?

Started by inasaur
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I had a pretty bad interview with the PD, but I really connected with one of their highly respected faculty. I ended up matching at this program.
So the answer is no.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with both responses above. Just coming across a bit awkward in one interview (even with the PD) likely is not too bad, especially when other interviews went well. And I second enjoying your fourth year before intern year starts! MS4 is a good chance to actually relax and enjoy life a bit.
 
At my program, this happened sometimes. Usually, if most people liked the candidate and the PD didn't, the PD ranked according to the wisdom of the crowds and wouldn't over-rule us or anything. I wouldn't worry about it.
 
Doesn't matter and can't do anything about it now. Move on. Also take your premed stats off your signature, it doesn't matter anymore either.