Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Does AAMC give detailed explanations w/ scores?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by GoldenSword, May 16, 2007.

1. GoldenSword

GoldenSword 2+ Year Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Those of you who got your scores,
    Do you also get a detailed answer explanations along w/ the scores
    from aamc ?
    Before, w/ the paper format I guess we had to pay them like 50 bucks,
    but w/ the cbt I guess they just provide us w/ answers when we get
    the scores? am I right? some one please clarify.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DocBR

DocBR MS-3 5+ Year Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Arizona
    I was under the impression that they do not release answer keys for exam questions that are currently in circulation.

I could be wrong though. I took the paper exam and all I received was my score and a percentile ranking followed by a graph showing where the curve lies.

4. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012 10+ Year Member

If your talking about practice exams you can buy from the aamc then yes.

5. GoldenSword

Dec 28, 2006
    Oh no, I'm not talking about the practice tests. I have the cbt ones, and of course we get detailed answer explanations on those.

I am talking about the REAL MCAT test. Do we get answer explanations when we get our scores ?

6. alwaysaangel

alwaysaangel 5+ Year Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Orange, CA
    MDApps:
    I doubt it. On the paper one you simply got the numerical score, approx percentile, and a chart showing the scores of that test date.

They reuse a lot of questions. Wouldn't be too smart of them to be handing out answer keys.

Why do you ask?

7. GoldenSword

Dec 28, 2006
    yeah, ok. I C your point. you're right.
    I was just asking out of curiosity. I want to know how good/bad did on particular questions, especially the few I had the most doubt on.
    If they did give it out, it would've also helped me figure out the exact
    score conversion thing.

8. alwaysaangel

alwaysaangel 5+ Year Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Orange, CA
    MDApps:
    Well there is no 'exact score conversion' thing. Depending on how well everyone else did on your version of the test on the same day you took it - missing 3 could be a 13, or 4, or 5...

It varies based on the group you're compared to.

Don't stress about it - your score will be your score, and there are so many other things for you to stress about in the near future - exactly what you missed on the MCAT should definitely not be one of them.

9. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Feb 24, 2005
    Classyville
    The MCAT doesn't give out the answer keys. I believe the SAT would send you the answers for $50 as you alluded to earlier.

10. GoldenSword

Dec 28, 2006
    oohh, I am not getting enough sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about my score which doesn't even come out till June 11th.
    The stress is killin me. I didn't even have 1% of the amount of stress I have now, before the test! I was so relaxed which by itself worried me sometimes, but it did help me on the actual test day.