Does AAMC give detailed explanations w/ scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoldenSword

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of you who got your scores,
Do you also get a detailed answer explanations along w/ the scores
from aamc ?
Before, w/ the paper format I guess we had to pay them like 50 bucks,
but w/ the cbt I guess they just provide us w/ answers when we get
the scores? am I right? some one please clarify.

Members don't see this ad.

I was under the impression that they do not release answer keys for exam questions that are currently in circulation.

I could be wrong though. I took the paper exam and all I received was my score and a percentile ranking followed by a graph showing where the curve lies.

Oh no, I'm not talking about the practice tests. I have the cbt ones, and of course we get detailed answer explanations on those.

I am talking about the REAL MCAT test. Do we get answer explanations when we get our scores ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no, I'm not talking about the practice tests. I have the cbt ones, and of course we get detailed answer explanations on those.

I am talking about the REAL MCAT test. Do we get answer explanations when we get our scores ?

I doubt it. On the paper one you simply got the numerical score, approx percentile, and a chart showing the scores of that test date.

They reuse a lot of questions. Wouldn't be too smart of them to be handing out answer keys.

Why do you ask?

yeah, ok. I C your point. you're right.
I was just asking out of curiosity. I want to know how good/bad did on particular questions, especially the few I had the most doubt on.
If they did give it out, it would've also helped me figure out the exact
score conversion thing.

yeah, ok. I C your point. you're right.
I was just asking out of curiosity. I want to know how good/bad did on particular questions, especially the few I had the most doubt on.
If they did give it out, it would've also helped me figure out the exact
score conversion thing.

Well there is no 'exact score conversion' thing. Depending on how well everyone else did on your version of the test on the same day you took it - missing 3 could be a 13, or 4, or 5...

It varies based on the group you're compared to.

Don't stress about it - your score will be your score, and there are so many other things for you to stress about in the near future - exactly what you missed on the MCAT should definitely not be one of them.

oohh, I am not getting enough sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about my score which doesn't even come out till June 11th.
The stress is killin me. I didn't even have 1% of the amount of stress I have now, before the test! I was so relaxed which by itself worried me sometimes, but it did help me on the actual test day.