Does ADCOM look at OT or AMCAS Grades???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wowzer

daaaaaamn homie
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have question regarding my processed AMCAS. I received an A+ in a class last year, as well as a W from withdrawing from a class this year, and I noted both on teh AMCAS when I was applying in the beginning. AMCAS jsut processed my app today, and in the column entitled "AMCAS grades," the "+" has been taken away, and the W is not there as well

So my question is, do med schools see both the "AMCAS Grade" and "OT Grade" columns, or do they only see the processed AMCAS grade column?

Members don't see this ad.

What does OT stand for??????????

They don't get your actual transcripts, just your verified AMCAS. The verified AMCAS has the grades listed on there, not just overall gpa.

So they see each individual grade and trends etc. etc.

they only get your OT once you are accepted and decide to attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
wowzer said:
I have question regarding my processed AMCAS. I received an A+ in a class last year, as well as a W from withdrawing from a class this year, and I noted both on teh AMCAS when I was applying in the beginning. AMCAS jsut processed my app today, and in the column entitled "AMCAS grades," the "+" has been taken away, and the W is not there as well

So my question is, do med schools see both the "AMCAS Grade" and "OT Grade" columns, or do they only see the processed AMCAS grade column?

In med school applications an A and A+ are made indistinguishable. Since at most undergrads the highest numerical grade you can get is a 4.0, so that is the standard -- the 4.3 stuff gets thrown out. As a result, your GPA will be going down a bit, I'm afraid.

wowzer said:

The A+ to A thing happened to me too, buddy. Guess that's the breaks.