Does AMCAS include summer course grades into GPA calculations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HemeOncology

OMS-1
Reaction score
I looked at my first application and AMCAS did not use any of my summer course grades into GPA calculation. I am wondering why so? Where does it say that? I’m pretty sure my GPA would’ve been much higher.

Members don't see this ad.

Were they at the same institution as your school year coursework? Were the grades on the transcript(s) you provided to AMCAS? Did you list the courses and grades on your AMCAS application?

Were they at the same institution as your school year coursework? Were the grades on the transcript(s) you provided to AMCAS? Did you list the courses and grades on your AMCAS application?
Yes they were the same institution. They were also reported on the transcript as well. I listed the courses and grades on AMCAS application.

Members don't see this ad :)
quite peculiar. How can you tell? Did the number of credits taken not add up compared with your transcript? Were, perhaps, the summer classes added to the following year rather than the prior year? Everything after 90 credits gets lumped into senior year, btw.

Reactions: 2 users
They should be counted towards your GPA, that's weird if it isn't. Maybe recheck to make sure it calculates into the correct GPA