Summer Session and AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

classof2028md

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As I will be taking a summer session course, the course ends July 13th.

I will be submitting my primary by June 10th. Is it possible to submit then and update AMCAS with my transcript when the summer class is done? I would like to add these classes but also want to be early.

@Goro @LizzyM

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I will be submitting my primary by June 10th. Is it possible to submit then and update AMCAS with my transcript when the summer class is done? I would like to add these classes but also want to be early.

@Goro @LizzyM
If you want to submit early, do it now with your complete Spring Term grades.
AAMC says they will not update or recalculate your GPA with new transcript information.
From their site:

Should I wait to send my transcript(s) until my spring semester or summer session grades are available?​

If you want grades from your last quarter or session to be calculated into your AMCAS GPAs, they must be:
  • entered correctly in the Coursework section of your application, and
  • reflected on your official transcript.
Therefore, if these grades are not available when AMCAS receives your transcript, they will not be included in your AMCAS GPAs. In this situation, your AMCAS GPAs will NOT be recalculated even if your registrar sends an updated transcript. You must also consider that AMCAS will not verify your application until all of your required transcripts have been marked as “Received.”

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone,

@Goro @LizzyM
Read my sig lines

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to submit early, do it now with your complete Spring Term grades.
AAMC says they will not update or recalculate your GPA with new transcript information.
From their site:

Should I wait to send my transcript(s) until my spring semester or summer session grades are available?​

If you want grades from your last quarter or session to be calculated into your AMCAS GPAs, they must be:
  • entered correctly in the Coursework section of your application, and
  • reflected on your official transcript.
Therefore, if these grades are not available when AMCAS receives your transcript, they will not be included in your AMCAS GPAs. In this situation, your AMCAS GPAs will NOT be recalculated even if your registrar sends an updated transcript. You must also consider that AMCAS will not verify your application until all of your required transcripts have been marked as “Received.”
thank you for your help on this matter; AMCAS will not receive my transcript until these grades are posted. I plan on having the transcript sent electronically.

I guess based on this, I should be okay?

thank you for your help on this matter; AMCAS will not receive my transcript until these grades are posted. I plan on having the transcript sent electronically.

I guess based on this, I should be okay?
If you have asked your college to hold the transcript until Summer grades are final, AMCAS will put your application in the queue for verification after they receive the transcript.

Reactions: 1 user