Does anyone have a wealth of knowledge about the DR programs across the country?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VivaElBirdos

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have geographic preferences that are somewhat random due to where family is at (Midwest and parts of the non-California west) and also have certain things I am looking for in a program (procedure heavy) as well a somewhat unique application (lower than average step, really solid research, T25 school). I’d like to get input from someone in the know if possible about where would be a good fit and where to try to network into
 
I have geographic preferences that are somewhat random due to where family is at (Midwest and parts of the non-California west) and also have certain things I am looking for in a program (procedure heavy) as well a somewhat unique application (lower than average step, really solid research, T25 school). I’d like to get input from someone in the know if possible about where would be a good fit and where to try to network into
this was interesting
 
Yes, very helpful. Was hoping someone would have an opinion if I would be more competitive for community or low/mid tier academics with lower than average step and really solid research. Specifically looking at programs like Arizona, Mayo AZ, Utah, Spokane, Peoria/Springfield IL. Hoping to have high volume and a lot of light IR training
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, very helpful. Was hoping someone would have an opinion if I would be more competitive for community or low/mid tier academics with lower than average step and really solid research. Specifically looking at programs like Arizona, Mayo AZ, Utah, Spokane, Peoria/Springfield IL. Hoping to have high volume and a lot of light IR training
I can't say whether or not you'd be competitive, but you might check your assumptions about Mayo AZ and Utah

I would not consider either "community or low/mid tier academics"

Lots of the faculty at Utah are StatDx authors and are well known. Even more of the faculty at Mayo AZ are nationally-recognized professors, with many editors of national journals (Menias--RadioGraphics; Ross--Am Journal of Neuroradiology; Johnson--Abdominal Imaging) and many presidents/former presidents of national societies.

Both of those places are heavy hitters. Not saying don't try, but not in the playground you mention.
 
I can't say whether or not you'd be competitive, but you might check your assumptions about Mayo AZ and Utah

I would not consider either "community or low/mid tier academics"

Lots of the faculty at Utah are StatDx authors and are well known. Even more of the faculty at Mayo AZ are nationally-recognized professors, with many editors of national journals (Menias--RadioGraphics; Ross--Am Journal of Neuroradiology; Johnson--Abdominal Imaging) and many presidents/former presidents of national societies.

Both of those places are heavy hitters. Not saying don't try, but not in the playground you mention.
Yeah I have always seen low to mid tier here placed in quotation marks because in reality many places are very similar and have high levels of training. I haven’t seen those names in particular placed among the elite/ivory tower type places or known as “top programs” on doximity. Certainly no disrespect was intended.