Does anyone know any new programs that are just coming out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guitarman1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know any new programs that are just coming out? Also, any programs that are a bit easier to get into? It's really competitive since most programs accepted such a small number of students...This should be changed in the field..

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not aware of any new programs coming out, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any. If you are looking at programs that are easier to get into, I would look at smaller state schools that may not be ranked as highly.

Also, if you look on ASHA edfind, many audiology programs can have better acceptance rates than speech pathology programs. They do admit a small number of applicants, but there also aren't as many applicants for audiology programs as there can be with other programs, such as speech pathology. As an example, Washington University's AuD program accepted around 13% of applicants according to edfind. However, Missouri State's AuD program accepted 58% of applicants. And for comparison, Missouri State's speech pathology program accepted only 33% of applicants. It's not the entire field, it varies depending on the program, but I do think overall it tends to be selective. But there are schools that are "easier" to get into, or at least have fewer applicants. Check out edfind!

I'm not aware of any new programs coming out, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any. If you are looking at programs that are easier to get into, I would look at smaller state schools that may not be ranked as highly.

Also, if you look on ASHA edfind, many audiology programs can have better acceptance rates than speech pathology programs. They do admit a small number of applicants, but there also aren't as many applicants for audiology programs as there can be with other programs, such as speech pathology. As an example, Washington University's AuD program accepted around 13% of applicants according to edfind. However, Missouri State's AuD program accepted 58% of applicants. And for comparison, Missouri State's speech pathology program accepted only 33% of applicants. It's not the entire field, it varies depending on the program, but I do think overall it tends to be selective. But there are schools that are "easier" to get into, or at least have fewer applicants. Check out edfind!

Aranel,

Do you know of any place that you can see all the schools' acceptance rates in one place with all of it shown on one page? It's on the ASHA edfind, but you need to go through every single school to see them.. Thanks again !