Transitioning out of Audiology ideas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AuDToChange

Reaction score
Hi

I have worked in Audiology for about a decade and I personally haven't found the clinical side to be a fit and did not enjoy the hard sales pressure in multiple settings.

Has anyone transitioned out to a non-clinical career and what fields have you chosen?

Feedback appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

I have worked in Audiology for about a decade and I personally haven't found the clinical side to be a fit and did not enjoy the hard sales pressure in multiple settings.

Has anyone transitioned out to a non-clinical career and what fields have you chosen?

Feedback appreciated.

Do you live near an AuD program? Have you thought about teaching or clinical supervision? Probably not the total transition you are looking for but could work. And if you enjoyed teaching, that could lead to other opportunities. I am a speech pathologist that transitioned to a different clinical position (current medical student) so not the same situation at all (sorry). What is your current work setting? Are you in a hospital, private practice, clinic? Good luck and sorry for the late reply!

Hi

Feedback appreciated.
switch to the VA or DOD. It will save your sanity and your career!

Hi

Feedback appreciated.
Beyond the universities and governmental jobs, there are of course a lot of options with manufacturers and other start-ups that are trying to get into the OTC game. You can also provide consulting services or switch over the industrial/occupational side. There are really a lot of ways to get out of the rut of private practice.

Reactions: 1 user