Does anyone know how the UW subdivisions work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. Freeze

Not right. (in the head)
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This seems simple enough, but does anyone know if say, you want to go back and do only the endocrine q's and you click endo as a subdivision if that does in fact limit the pool of q's to that?

I guess that's kind of confusing. I want to go back and review mistakes, but by system and not sure if UW is configured to do it that way. I always just did random with everything selected.

Members don't see this ad.

You are right. Just click to do all main divisions and then whatever subdivision you want. Every once in a while you will find one in the wrong category :)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP, but you should be able to select the questions you actually got wrong by subdivision (i.e. Endocrine) as well. Just click on 'incorrect' for question mode.

You are right. Just click to do all main divisions and then whatever subdivision you want. Every once in a while you will find one in the wrong category :)

Yeah.... it happens quite a lot actually. I spent my first few weeks going through UW via symptoms (going over whatever I was studying) and am just now going through it random - I honestly don't notice MUCH of a difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP, but you should be able to select the questions you actually got wrong by subdivision (i.e. Endocrine) as well. Just click on 'incorrect' for question mode.

If you try to pick only a subdivision, it says pick a main, so I just wasn't sure if you pick one sub, but all mains, if it would in fact limit it to the system. It does apparently, but a q in which "thyroid" is present even though the q might be biostats or something like that still falls under endo. Somehow.

thx

I gotcha. My bad. Some might not even be correctly labeled (although, I'm sure most are). I took the World Self-Assessment just the other day, and it definitely had a question that had absolutely NOTHING to do with biostats listed as a biostats question.