You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Does anyone know someone that has not been accepted to SGU?
Started by Karebear07
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, I know lots of ppl that were not accepted to SGU or the other 3 "top" Carib med schools.
I wonder, how this will change anything for you. Again do your research. Do you know how to use google?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rejected+from+SGU
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/archive/index.php/t-433317.html
Also, go to ValueMD there are forums for all the different medschools there...
A
I wonder, how this will change anything for you. Again do your research. Do you know how to use google?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rejected+from+SGU
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/archive/index.php/t-433317.html
Also, go to ValueMD there are forums for all the different medschools there...
A
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the mid 90's AUC was receiving over 6000 apps a year. I have no idea how many they accepted to fill their appproximately 300 positions, but logically many of those apps are not going to be accepted.
Ya a lot of people dont...why else would the other carribean schools exist?
SGU avg stats are around: GPA: 3.3ish and MCAT: 25-27ish
stats below this avg will make it more difficult to get in.
I am surprised they are this high. I had around 4 friends apply with stats way lower....all had 19 or 20 MCAT's and they all were accepted.
Oh well who cares either way....good luck
I am surprised they are this high. I had around 4 friends apply with stats way lower....all had 19 or 20 MCAT's and they all were accepted.
Oh well who cares either way....good luck
It happens I suppose; avgs have highs and lows. But are you sure that your friends didnt go to ROSS..its the other large carribean school people often talk about. Their stats are around 20ish mcats.
It happens I suppose; avgs have highs and lows. But are you sure that your friends didnt go to ROSS..its the other large carribean school people often talk about. Their stats are around 20ish mcats.
Lol- Carib is carib...
Lol- Carib is carib...
Ya pretty much.. when you re a carrib its more student dependent than anything else. THere are some really really smart students here and some students you wonder how they ve been moving forward. All in all I think the majority of carib students are comparable to US students; they just had lower undergrad grads for whatever reason..
Well also keep in mind SGU has a large spread of stats. You will see people with 2.9 GPA and 38 mcat or someone with a 3.8 GPA and a 22mcat.
Someone with a 3.8 gpa and a 22 mcat would have to have some brain cells missing if they applied to carib without attempting to re-write. You would have to be studying music or something to have that type of gpa coupled with that mcat score.
Someone with a 3.8 gpa and a 22 mcat would have to have some brain cells missing if they applied to carib without attempting to re-write. You would have to be studying music or something to have that type of gpa coupled with that mcat score.
I agree that someone with a 3.8 should retake mcat... but u ll be suprised by how man people at my school and some of the other well known carribean schools have decent undergrad stats; many of the kids are from tougher/competitive undergrads and have slightly lower GPAs but are very smart and probably would have had higher GPAs had they gone to schools with more grade inflation..
Officially SGUs avg GPA is 3.3 and MCAT is 27 (9 9 9)
but many of my friends have higher than this and people come to the carribean for many reasons (I came so that I could continue to go to school with my GF; 3.4 and 31 mcat here with a masters degree).
Good point. Somebody might just have reasons to be doing what they are doing. And maybe they don't have other "more potent" options. Evidently students from 33 countries took oath at the SGU August WCC. Maybe some of them aren't american/canadians but still chose a carib school (specifically SGU). They had their reasons.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 2K