Does anyone know...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raleighzia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to apply to optometry school next year. I am only able to retake some of my prereqs at a community college in order to avoid an illegal repeat at the university I graduated from last year. Does anyone know of any optometry schools that are lenient on students who retake prereqs at community college? I would retaking about 5 of the courses in which I got a C in. I am in Texas, if that matters. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Asking the schools would be your best bet, but I don't think it would hinder your chances too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
illegal repeat = academia jargon meaning to repeat a course without having previously received a D+ or lower. In order to "repeat" a class, a failing grade of D+ of less must first be obtained. If it is a C- or higher, it is deemed an "illegal repeat" and may not "replace" the lower grade that you had meant it to. Or at least that's what I think it is. :p

retake the prereqs with C's... its better to retake it and get an A.. which will help your GPA, as oppose to having 5 prereq classes with C's.