Does anyone know...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

raleighzia

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking to apply to optometry school next year. I am only able to retake some of my prereqs at a community college in order to avoid an illegal repeat at the university I graduated from last year. Does anyone know of any optometry schools that are lenient on students who retake prereqs at community college? I would retaking about 5 of the courses in which I got a C in. I am in Texas, if that matters. Thanks!
 
Asking the schools would be your best bet, but I don't think it would hinder your chances too much.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
illegal repeat = academia jargon meaning to repeat a course without having previously received a D+ or lower. In order to "repeat" a class, a failing grade of D+ of less must first be obtained. If it is a C- or higher, it is deemed an "illegal repeat" and may not "replace" the lower grade that you had meant it to. Or at least that's what I think it is. 😛
 
retake the prereqs with C's... its better to retake it and get an A.. which will help your GPA, as oppose to having 5 prereq classes with C's.