Step I Does anyone take step 1 in early May?

Started by leahmaria
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leahmaria

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After stopping up at school and seeing all of the M2s studying away, I don't know if I could do it for a month after school lets out. How common/doable is it to take a prep course or something during second year and then take Step 1 in early May?
 
After stopping up at school and seeing all of the M2s studying away, I don't know if I could do it for a month after school lets out. How common/doable is it to take a prep course or something during second year and then take Step 1 in early May?

A girl from my class took it a week after classes ended, on May 23. We all thought she was crazy. But it's do-able.
 
I took it 2 weeks before class ended second year(took 5/14, classes ended 5/23). Just studied hard for the first two years and really learned the stuff well, so I just felt ready and was doing well on my practice tests, so I just took it. I went to grad school before too which helped.
 
Some Caribbean students tend to end in April if they started in August/September of their first year, and a few in my class took it in March! Needless to say, most of them barely passed, but some scored >230. It gets me thinking, with a given pool of students and the relative scoring of the Step 1, maybe it serves better to take the test at a one time as opposed to another time...😕

Just a thought.