Does anyone work at Kroger?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaberwocky

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone work at Kroger Pharmacy? What is the computer system like?

Members don't see this ad.

We're going to a system called Connexus. It's what Wal-Mart uses. Kroger bought the code so they will be running a tailor made version. From what I remember it's a very nice system to work under. Most of the bellyaching I heard during our changeover when I worked at WM was from people who simply didn't like change.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard that the Connexus computer system is very user friendly and much more advanced than PDX. I did a rotation at Farm Fresh Pharmacy and I was not very impressed with PDX. It is so outdated in comparison to Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid.

I found an online video that talks a little bit about Connexus:

http://www.walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=292

If it is really true that they will be moving to Connexus than I am pretty sure that I would like to work for Kroger. I've always wanted to work in a grocery store chain, but I want to get with a company that has a good computer system. Will all the Kroger pharmacies get Connexus by February 2007?

Actually, I think its been about five years Kroger has been talking about upgrading computers. Supposedly they have a working system customized for Kroger. The only reason the roll out is in February, I am told, is because we are so busy with flu shots and the start of snot and booger season they decided to wait.

A couple of guys on rotation saw the new system in Louisville. The response was "Kick Ass!" so I assume that is good. I work on the TREX/NDC system now. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm going to miss ~ this and tab that.

I like ~4. Making custom sigs. I have it set up do that I just go to the last field and type in "1qd" and it types "Take 1 tablet once daily" and calculated days supply.

If you know what you are doing, it is a highly customizable system.

I am going to miss TRX/NDC because I can work it in my sleep (and sometimes do, I guess!)

Kroger is currenty changing over all of their databases in prep for the system rollout, so I think this is the real deal. (This has been going on for several months) I've heard that another market area has even started getting the initial computer equipment ... we'll see.

I've worked a little of everything - 9 yrs of hospital, Revco/CVS, relief for an independent, military base, and now Kroger. (Always had at least two jobs at any given time...) Kroger has been by far the best -- not the most technically advanced -- but the best "people" company to work for. Biggest thing I learned in 13 yrs ... a little extra money is nice, but mental health is better, and Integrity goes a long way... :)

Good Luck with your choice

Actually, I think its been about five years Kroger has been talking about upgrading computers. Supposedly they have a working system customized for Kroger. The only reason the roll out is in February, I am told, is because we are so busy with flu shots and the start of snot and booger season they decided to wait.
They bought the code for Connexus a couple of months ago. Before then they were still shopping. Our chain's rollout starts in May so it looks like they may be going 1 chain at a time.