Does applying this cycle make sense?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamessLL

Reaction score
I currently have 2.95ogpa, 3.35sgpa and 3.81BCP (including all biology related classes + physics + gen chem + orgo + biochem). I graduated with Hospitality major back in 2013, recently took 49 credit hours of all BCP via informal post-bacc. 24AA with 24TS 26 PAT, nothing under 20.

Should I apply this cycle? Texas resident here, I don't believe I would be competitive enough to apply to any of TX schools.

Heres my list: (tried to pick most of private and/or oos friendly schools)
Touro
NYU
Roseman
Maryland
Herman Ostrow
Western
Nova
Creighton
Case Western
Meharry
Temple
Marquette
UColorado
UDM
Lecom
Loma Linda

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, interesting stats! I would give it a shot, your DAT and BCP GPA is out of this world amazing. I would also concurrently apply for SMPs just in case you don't get in this cycle to give you a much better chance next cycle

Reactions: 1 user
How are your LORs? Also - start writing your PS and maybe outline some general secondary application questions so you have early submission and quick turn around on the secondary apps.

Gl!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, interesting stats! I would give it a shot, your DAT and BCP GPA is out of this world amazing. I would also concurrently apply for SMPs just in case you don't get in this cycle to give you a much better chance next cycle
Awesome! Thank you for your encouraging opinion!

How are your LORs? Also - start writing your PS and maybe outline some general secondary application questions so you have early submission and quick turn around on the secondary apps.

Gl!
I've actually had all LORs submitted in February not realizing that it will not be carried over for the upcoming cycle.... lol. I would have to ask again from the professors and a dentist who helped with LORs but I am planning to submit my application on the dot of the opening for the cycle.

Thanks for your suggestion!

I'd apply but I would remove NYU and USC (possibly mwu as well but maybe the experience is worth it?). Rather apply the next year than be 600K in debt.