Does EVMS Screen?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sdnmed321, Oct 29, 2002.

1. sdnmed321

sdnmed321 Junior Member

Does Eastern Virginia Med Schl screen before sending out their secondaries? Anyone know?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. williestyle81

williestyle81 Senior Member

i don't think so, cuz i got a low mcat score and i still got their secondary. (but i do have a good gpa and good ec's and what not.)

4. hokiedoc

hokiedoc Member

Yes they do screen! Some of my friends did not recieve secondaries.

Good luck!

5. abw

abw Senior Member

They do screen for secondaries, but I also think they make decisions before they even read secondaries if you get one. I got a rejection letter in the mail the day after they cashed my check - my lor's weren't even in yet.

6. tedstriker

tedstriker wicked retahhded

That sucks! How nice of them to cash your check, seeing as they so carefully reviewed yer file...

7. Dr Sum Day

Dr Sum Day SDN Lifetime Donor
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Non-Student
    From their website it says, "Once the prospective student's AMCAS application has been received by EMVS, the Admissions Office may request that a secondary application be completed. This application contains a supplemental questionnaire, format for letters of evaluation, and a form to determine whether the candidate can be considered a legal resident of Virginia. These materials, along with a $90 application fee, must be returned to EVMS within 30 days to keep the file active. If extenuating circumstances make it impossible for the applicant to meet this deadline, the Associate Dean for Admissions will consider requests for an extension."