Does EVMS Screen?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdnmed321

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Eastern Virginia Med Schl screen before sending out their secondaries? Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

i don't think so, cuz i got a low mcat score and i still got their secondary. (but i do have a good gpa and good ec's and what not.)

Yes they do screen! Some of my friends did not recieve secondaries.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
They do screen for secondaries, but I also think they make decisions before they even read secondaries if you get one. I got a rejection letter in the mail the day after they cashed my check - my lor's weren't even in yet.

That sucks! How nice of them to cash your check, seeing as they so carefully reviewed yer file...

From their website it says, "Once the prospective student's AMCAS application has been received by EMVS, the Admissions Office may request that a secondary application be completed. This application contains a supplemental questionnaire, format for letters of evaluation, and a form to determine whether the candidate can be considered a legal resident of Virginia. These materials, along with a $90 application fee, must be returned to EVMS within 30 days to keep the file active. If extenuating circumstances make it impossible for the applicant to meet this deadline, the Associate Dean for Admissions will consider requests for an extension."