Does getting an interview at ICO mean that you are almost in ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apple_Pie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys,

My GPA is like 2.99 but I still got an interview at ICO. My interview was OK. Does that mean that I am almost in ?

Some one told me that if you are granted an interview at ICO then it means that on the academic( GPA/OAT) side you are acceptable to them. And he told me that getting an interview is like having one foot inside the door and your other foot being inside depends on the interview.

ICO I believe only invites 400 students for the interview and accepts 150students. and alot of students who are accepted there give up their seats for personal reasons. So does that mean I am almost in ?

Members don't see this ad.

thats what i thought too. i have a 3.21 gpa and 300 for the oat and i thought the EXACT same thing. i also thought the interview went well also. i just got my letter on monday and im on the alternate list. i was pretty disappointed to get that because i was sure i was gonna get in. ppl up there were telling me the same thing so im not sure what to think now. this thing goes against all the things i thought about the whole interview situation. this is just me but i definitely see what ur saying because i 'felt' the same way. i called there to talk to an admissions person about it and she jsut went through my grades and oat and said they were lower than the averages and i said i wished id had known that was a problem before the interview. so im pretty much confused as ever now

Hey There,

I just thought you should know that most schools use a scoring system to determine where you stand in relation to the other applicants.

So, the scoring starts before you even have your interview, so obviously you had high enough to get an interview offer. Then during the interview most of the questions have a certain weight to them...The interviewers actually give you a score and then that combines to everything else....I know at my school anyone with a score of 85 after their interview day gets an automatic acceptance. Then anyone with a score less than that either gets wait-listed or declined.
So, the admissions person you talked to who said it was your grades that was probably causing you to not get in is partly right since that is something that combines to the score you receive. You were probably 'just' on the cusp for the score that they grant interviews for. However, after combining that score with your interview score doesnt quite put you over the edge for acceptant. So, your grades are NOW probably the easiest way for you to improve your score.

get it?