Does Goljan still do Board Review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

If so, does anyone know how to sign up?

Members don't see this ad.

If so, does anyone know how to sign up?

Yes: http://www.falconreviews.com/hotnews/index.htm

Of course, there are other, legally precarious avenues that one can pursue to obtain his stuff. Although it may be safe to assume that Dr.Goljan/his publisher/etc. may not have as much ferocity in enforcing their copyrights as the RIAA... ;)

I take it you will be sitting for Step 1 in 2008? If so, best of luck to ya :thumbup:

Yes: http://www.falconreviews.com/hotnews/index.htm

Of course, there are other, legally precarious avenues that one can pursue to obtain his stuff. Although it may be safe to assume that Dr.Goljan/his publisher/etc. may not have as much ferocity in enforcing their copyrights as the RIAA... ;)

I take it you will be sitting for Step 1 in 2008? If so, best of luck to ya :thumbup:

Ugh, their Step 1 review course is 7 weeks long. Who has that much time to review? And it's almost $5000....

Ugh, their Step 1 review course is 7 weeks long. Who has that much time to review? And it's almost $5000....
These courses are designed for people who have failed or who really want 250+. These two groups of people will find the money and the 7 weeks of time if that's what it takes.

Members don't see this ad :)

Psh. Everyone knows falcon are for the welfare kids. Kaplan has a 15 week, $9000 program :eek: They also have a year long "medical institute" that pretty much (tries to) teache you to nuke steps 1, 2 and 3. (although one of the poster boy for their brochure "only" scored a 245 on Step 1, hehe) It also costs about the same as a year's worth of tuition at a med school....

These courses are designed for people who have failed or who really want 250+. These two groups of people will find the money and the 7 weeks of time if that's what it takes.

Step 1 repeaters would probably be attractive for that program. Not so sure on the 250+ group. Maybe it's just my bias on SDN but I've yet to see anyone on here who has gotten a 250+ while going complete Kaplan. In fact, I've yet to hear anyone on here who has put all their eggs into the Kaplan basket period.

My guess is that the majority of 250+ started their Step 1 studying from day 1 of med school...pre-reading for lectures or pbl sessions and looking at pertinent areas in review books and even some questions. At least that's what I got from people like bigfrank and Long Dong.

Step 1 repeaters would probably be attractive for that program. Not so sure on the 250+ group. Maybe it's just my bias on SDN but I've yet to see anyone on here who has gotten a 250+ while going complete Kaplan. In fact, I've yet to hear anyone on here who has put all their eggs into the Kaplan basket period.

My guess is that the majority of 250+ started their Step 1 studying from day 1 of med school...pre-reading for lectures or pbl sessions and looking at pertinent areas in review books and even some questions. At least that's what I got from people like bigfrank and Long Dong.

I've just heard that people at the Kaplan course included a number who were trying to nuke the boards. I do agree that I haven't seen anyone on SDN who took the course and blew out the boards. I did use the Kaplan materials extensively during my step 1 review so I think that it is suitable for this purpose.

In regards to studying for step 1 by reviewing carefully every day for two years, I think that's a good way of doing it but not the highest yield. My personal theory for getting ahead in the medschool rat race is to learn the stuff moderately well the first two years while leaving enough time to do worthwhile EC's. Then spend good chunk of time (at least 8 weeks) reviewing extensively before the test. This should put you ahead of your classmates by leaving you with good board scores and good extracurriculars and the connections/LOR's that come with those.