does gpa count for admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taste buds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i am planning to take my nbde part 1 in jan .my gpr is low i am worried even if i score good score in part 1 will i get an admission with low gpa . i finished my dentistry in india. pls help. i am confussed. somebody who knows pls answer.

Members don't see this ad.

taste buds said:
hi i am planning to take my nbde part 1 in jan .my gpr is low i am worried even if i score good score in part 1 will i get an admission with low gpa . i finished my dentistry in india. pls help. i am confussed.

what is your GPA.Even I will be taking my part 1 in Jan.

Members don't see this ad :)
taste buds said:
its only 2
hi tastebuds,
gpa does not matters if you really score good in part 1 say.... u scored 94 or above n other scored 84 but with 3.68 gpa stil u have better chances then the other person, but if u r in competition with the guy having score as equally urs then only u r in trouble.........so dont worry bout gpa and just get start to get good score............best luck

hi reni,
thanks for the information, i am planning to take it on januvary. do you know when is the deadline for applications to dental schools. hows ur preparation going or have you taken it. thanks again . be safe
reji

taste buds said:
hi reni,
thanks for the information, i am planning to take it on januvary. do you know when is the deadline for applications to dental schools. hows ur preparation going or have you taken it. thanks again . be safe
reji
hi i m gonna take exams at end of december n deadlines as far as i know is bu---1st feb, nyu-15th march and upenn----16th jan..........hope this helps.....bye good luck for exams and thnks for ur good luck