Does Harcourt ever make Mistakes?

Started by benzene
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

benzene

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recieved my scores and it is completely way off base they say I scored a 14 composite granted I did not study for six months but 6 weeks I am not an idiot I have a 3.60 overall gpa and 3.8 science gpa It is completely absurd! Just wondering if anyone has ever had their test re-scored?

Verbal 15 there is no way!!!!!
 
hey benzene...
i feel you on that one...although the rest of my sections are pretty decent, i received a 48 in reading comp...48? that was the one section i felt really good about...and a 48? i'm so sorry about your 15 but i agree...when the rest of the scores are not in line with a low one...it makes you think something went wrong...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to get my test rescored. This is my 2nd time taking the test...I had to retake it because last time I hadnt taken any organic chem and did awful on that section. I re took the test this past oct, and increased my scores drastically in every section except verbal, where I decreased awfully...I went from getting a 68 to a 22! WTF How can my score drop 40+ percentiles.!!!!!???
 
from what I've read on their website they will re-score it, but only after they receive $35.00 per test I think it might be worth it in my case I'll let you know. My scores pretty much state that I've never taken a college course in my life!!!!
 
I also thought that I blew the reading comprehension out of the water, but I only received a 56 in that area. I've considered having them rescore that area because my composite is 83 and I really need high 80's or 90's. I would like to know their error rate first before I cough up another $35.00.
 
I feel the same way too, my verbal and reading comp were so low compared to my other score, I look like an applicant who cant speak english. I did take the kaplan course and there i scored higher in these particular sections than the real pcat. I am very surprised and depressed over my score. 🙁