China and Eastern Asia Does HKU accept international students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Panda eyes

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been looking for this information everything and it seems that everyone on this forum is applying as a non-jupas applicant have HK residency status/or their parents do. I know for a fact that CUHK doesn't accept international students into their med program (they say that outright in their admissions booklet), but does anyone know anything about HKU?

I'm a Canadian (chinese descent) and my parents were not born in hong kong (they lived somewhere in china)... so I fall under the international student category. I'm currently finishing my last semester of undergrad at a Canadian university & have written the MCAT. It seems that it's hard already to get in via the non-jupas route for students with HKID cards. What are the prospects for internationals?